Saturday, July 14, 2007

Iraq.. Day 4...ugh..

Ok.. so the GI Cocktail didn't work.. We woke up this morning I went and took a shower.. when I got into the shower I could not find that balance where it isn't cold.. But it also isn't straight from the sun.. As I am finding the correct blend, I get yelled at by a Navy guy.. "Hey we are on water concervation here" to which I yelled back.. "Yeah is it the cold water, cause I can't stop burning myself.."
to which he replied.. "beats no water" I left the arguement there.. but really if you can't even get under the water stream because it feels like a smelting pot of hot liquid is being poured over you, you may as well have no water.. you can't enjoy it.. anyways we then boarded a helicopter... a something 53... and flew off to Al Qaim (AL Kime) This is out there.. about 15 miles from Syria.. It is where USA troup medivacs are out of.. when we got there, while on the tour of the hospital, my problem came up and they gave me a dose of Milk of Magnesia (spelling?) Yeah.. just to keep the suspense down.. it didn't fix my growing problem.. While in the hospital I actually saw a Camel Spider.. They are mean looking.. and not really spiders.. they actually fall under the Scopion Family.. But if you haven't seen one I recomend checking it out.. It is wicked..
Anyways it was time to set up and we did so.. We met some Iraqi Soldiers (special forces) that the US is training to be the future good guys in Iraq. These guys were cool, we chatted for a bit, and after a few pictures it was time to go back to the bunk and change for the gig.. (for me.. time to go back to the doc..) OH.. the doc is from Aberdeen.. Doc Benett is his name and he graduated in 1988 from my alma matter.. CRAZY EH??!! anyways here is the conversation..
me "still not goin well doc"
doc "hmmm.. well, we aren't far from invasive procedures"
me "gulp."
doc "I have one other thing I guess we can try..."
(time passes)
doc "Take one of these in twelve hour incriments as needed.. DO NOT OVERDOSE"
me "ok... so um... how long should it be before I see results?
doc "You should be on Stand-by.."
me... "ok"
Now I didn't think that it would work.. but I am amazing now... whew..
Anyways we played the show, it went well.. visited with the people of the base..
Did a call in to 101.9 to give them an update..
and went to bed..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

c o n s e r v a t i o n
a r g u m e n t
r e c o m m e n d
i n c r e m e n t s