Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Camp Lemonier (Djabouti Day 2)

Two words..."Gold Bond".. It is pretty dang hot here.. and humid.. humid humid...
So I have been consistantly waking up before the band, and this day was like every other.. I woke up a good 4 hours before they did.. I think my body knows that if I shower that early I can enjoy about an hour before it starts to get sweaty hot.. At least here.. So far this is the hottest place.. I would say I have gone in order.. from the coolest feeling to the hottest..
Well.. I woke up at 6 this morning wide awake showered, ate breakfast, and then started to wash my clothes.. I then threw my clothes in the dryer, enter Rob and Alex, the first band members awake at ten thirty..After doing laundry we went to the DFAC to have some lunch.. So it is the Fourth of July.. and I am on a Marine/Navy Base.. (This base is featured in this months Esquire..(Angelina Jolie is on the Cover)and also in the first few minutes of Shooter... If you are interested in seeing where I am at check those out...
I am a little timid to say much about this base because there are people that people don't talk about here.. They don't exist..
We got to go to the Armory today and get a tour..I got a pic of me manning the .50 cal, and holding a saw.. pretty cool if you ask me.. those guns are heavy...
I also learned a lot about the Marines today too.. For instance in the marines there aren't any medics.. See... The Marines are a branch of the Navy, and the Navy provides the medics for the Marines.. They are called ducks..
Anyways we say some cool weapons in the Armory, and learned how are tax dollars are wasted, and used well..
Well we did that and then I was ready for a rest.. So I went back to the bunk and read my book a little.. (i overheated..)OH speaking of overheating.. I bought a pair of shoes for this trip.. I got them at Ross and didn't pay a whole lot for them.. but..the sole has melted a bit.. and now has re-hardened concave so it feels a little weird when I walk.. Anyways..I like bikes.
So then it was show time, we did the show, had to stop in the middle for taps..
but all and all it went well.. Tomorrow we are being taken into the capital of Djabuti!! and to a cheeta reservation.. pretty exciting eh??
welp.. time to sleep...

3 comments:

Chris said...

Happy Fourth man... Be careful around those guys that don't exist, don't want them to decide that you knowing they don't exists is still too much information to not exist.

I'm confused now

Anonymous said...

What'd I tell you about the guns?????!!!!

Anonymous said...

sometimes existing is only a figment of ones imagination . . . huh?