Saturday, July 14, 2007

Day 5 Iraq/Kuwait

July 14
Ok, so I woke up this morning, and was regular.. opted for no shower because tonite.. I am in the hotel that I started in.. A good shower is what this boy wanted.. We were helicoptered back into Al Asad (Iraq) and then from there caught a C-130 here to Kuwait. I got to sit on the flight deck for the take off.. It was pretty cool.. You would never guess just how close you are to other planes during this time.. We landed and met up with Justin.. our babysitter.. we went and checked into the hotel, and then went to a mall for a bite of lunch.. This may sound a little weird but this hotel that I was so up about at the beginning of the tour feels weird now.. I don't know why.. I guess that after only 3 weeks I had gotten use to the inconvience of the Military.. Having to get out of your bed, having to leave your room, and walk 400 yards just to go the bathroom.. Walk a quarter mile and reach the Dining Facilities.. (DFAC) I feel a little out of place now in the hotel..And really spoiled..
Now and for the rest of the day I am just relaxing in the hotel..Tomorrow we leave for our last country on the tour.. Bahrain.. Only four days left.. I DID IT!!! WOO HOO!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

4 more days?! its 6 more for me! weird... anyways, sounds like quite the little experience, i cant wait to see all ur pictures! u've been taking lots right?