Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Here I go..

Well.. I guess it is fitting for me to add a musical referance as I write this blog.. So here it goes.. I want you to turn on Paint it Black by the Rolling Stones.. That is the song my inner DJ is spinning for the time being.

I am really nervous... But sooo excited to go.. I can't seem to gather the words I want to say so I guess I will for the record write down how I got the oppertunity to go and bring entertainment to the troops that are protecting the freedoms that I enjoy.

About 2 months ago I ran sound for a band based out of Atlanta.. "Five Star Iris" It was a fun gig, fun guys, good music.. I love my job. Well after the gig they said they felt really comfortable on stage with the sound and asked me how I felt about doing my job in a place where I would have to be fit for a flack jacket and a helmet to be flown in.. here is the dialogue from that point as far as I remember it.. "..... huh... hmmm... well... sure......"
In the past few years I have seen quite a few proposals for gigs and such.. many of them fall through.. I thought that this one would as well..
two weeks go by. and I get a call from Garrett... (the band manager) And gives me a quote, talks to me about where we'd be going and I say... Lemme think about it for a day..

Well here I am.. about to leave for the Airport.. I have my Dog watchers in place..(sadi is my dog.)(sydney, dana, and bob are taking shifts.) I have had a plethora of shots and am immune to just about everything, totally packed, And I am scared... mainly because at about 96 degrees I begin to feel like a stick of butter in a hot frying pan... (120 degrees is normal for over there this time of year..) But also it is an adventure that not many people get to experience without holding a gun.. me I am holding mics..
So, raise the curtains.. here I go..

No comments: