Thursday, June 28, 2007

Alafror (Kuwait)

Well I guess I should start with breakfast.. It was SO GOOD.. I think I have forgotten just how good food is outside the U.S.A. We ate in the hotel, 5 star suites we are staying in. Fresh Sqeezed Juice and a buffet spread that would make Tucano's seem like nothing.. Then we were off to the base.. (lunch and dinner... not as good as breakfast, still pretty ok though.) We met with the head honcho of the base Alarfar (or something like that.) Talked with him for a bit about the runnings of this base, and the he presented us with a certificate of service and a gift..

Well... now comes time for set up.. I want you all to take a break from reading this go into your bathroom and grab your hair dryer.... I'll wait... .... .... .... .... ok.. plug it in.. hold it about 7 inches away from your face aimed at you...Turn it on hi.. sit for about five minutes this way... again... I will wait...... This is what it feels like here.. You get kind of numb to the heat, untill you enter a Air Conditioned Room.. Then your body releases all the sweat it has appearantly been hanging on to.. And you realize just how hot you have been... It really isn't that bad when you just stay outside.. (can't imagine what the rest of the day would feel like though..)

This has been a great experience already.. I have learned a lot about why it costs so much to be over here in this "war", that we really should be here, and that the troups feel that way too.. That is why they are here..

My job is so cool.

Oh yeah.. the system I am running is a bit underpowered..(I hate that) but it is functional. I can make it sound good..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well fun! sounds like quite the little cultural experience for ya lol. love ya!

Chris said...

Dude, you're going to be so ripped when you get back purely from dropping water weight.

Awesome. The Iraq Workout Plan. Maybe some celebrities can sign up

Anonymous said...

Do you need a mom there?

JR said...

I can sort of relate - its the same way in AZ, of course, 15 degrees less.

This is awesome D. intriguing for the audience, and I'm sure an overwhelmingly, fantastic journey of a life time...