Tuesday, September 2, 2008

One Year Later.. (Dallan)


So.. I guess that I thought I would stop with the blogging thing after my trip to Iraq, but it seems I am really bad at keeping in touch.. It really makes sense to write things down once and a while, and while doing that why not keep people informed at the same time..

So lets see... hmm. I got back from Iraq where I really did have a once in a lifetime experience. (It's all the 2007 blog found here) And decided that it really was time to take the plunge.. Time to get married.. So I proposed to Dana around August 25, and quite honestly the rest of the year is a blur.. At some point I started working for 101.9 The End as an On Air Talent in the afternoons.

 At some point we had engagement pictures taken..




We got married on December 14th in Salt Lake and had our Honeymoon in the Caribbean, and might I add that if you are going to have a honeymoon, second honeymoon, or a vacation in the near future, cruises are awesome!! It is a 100% no worries vacation.. So after the holidays, Christmas with my parents and New Years with her dad we finally after 3 weeks got back to our home. Home felt so nice..

This year has been one of growth for the both of us and marriage has proven to be such a blessing in so many ways that I couldn't even begin to list.. Sometimes it is challenging I will admit.. But all of the time it is worth it!! We have a house that we are sort of remodeling one room at a time, UGH.. Just kidding it is very cool to step back and see the improvements while being able to say..."I did that".. haha... and we have a kid.. well not really a kid, but probably about the same.. plus 2 legs, hair all over the body, goes to the bathroom outside, and a wet nose... Of course I am talking about our dog Sadi. She is a Black Lab/Boxer mix and so much fun..


I still work as a freelance audio engineer and have so much fun producing, engineering, and mixing music, but another fun and exciting path has been started.. That is the addictive one of the On Air Personality.. I have never thought of myself as having an addictive personality but let me tell you.. Talking about music is so much fun.. I am the side-kick on the Parker Show afternoons from 3-7 on 101.9 The End.. We are like a morning show, but in the afternoon.. So much fun.. If you want to listen it streams online at 1019theend.com It isn't great pay yet, but I am learning a lot about radio, and think it could be a very good road for me to travel down. Eh.. We'll see I guess..

Anyways, I think that is the long story short version.. I am sure that Dana will post something here too, so I don't want to say everything.. (she just graduated with a degree in "travel and tourism" and is trying to find a job as an event planner, cake decorator, or something fun.. and Disney-ish..)

Anyways, I will try to update this frequently and hopefully you enjoy reading it.. if not.. hmm . oh well!!


~Dallan

4 comments:

Benton Paul said...

Dude.
I ran across your wedding announcement while cleaning out my old room at my parent's house the other week... and it was SO GORGEOUS. I hope I told you that. It was ridiculous.

A. Kuhni said...

We heard you on the radio yesterday as we were driving up to the airport to leave. Sounded good.

Kathy Rees said...

Hey, new blog--awesome!

Katt said...

Love that you're bloging again! Woohoo!!! Keep it up!