Saturday, September 27, 2008

My Turn

Well, its Dana this time writing, not sure what all to say, but I guess I'll just summarize whats been going on this year. So like Dallan said, we went to Florida in April and had some fun there. We wore "newlywed" pins so people gave us fast passes all the time, and we were technically still newlyweds even though it wasn't our honeymoon, so don't judge us for it. jk. We were also given a surprise newlywed cake when we went to the character breakfast. 

In other news, I finished taking classes at BYU in the spring and had just one independent study left so I could graduate. As it turns out, I had 5 days left to finish the course and I failed the final!!! OOPS! Luckily they allow you one retake, so the pressure was on. Honestly I read over the book and got a B+ the next time around. So I graduated in August with a Bachelors Degree and then spent most all my time looking for jobs, going to interviews, and making cakes(my new found hobby). My family came out except for my mom and so did Dallan's, so to say the least, we ate a lot that week.

So i did get a job, just part-time though, with the 4H which will be nice when snowboarding season comes around! As for my cakes, well I'm getting pretty good at it I guess and Have been making business cards and contracts and everything so I can start my own business, the trick will be to get customers since I don't exactly have a bunch of money to put into advertising and marketing. So word of mouth will hopefully work out ok. Feel free to spread the word. 

Other than that not too much else. Dallan and I played the Newlywed game on the air for his show against parker, his wife, and another dating couple (who later became engaged live on the show). Turns out me and Dal freak people out with how well we know each other.  Welp, that about sums it up. I went on a little weekend retreat will some of the kids from 4H who will be our county ambassadors and we even went mini-golfing at LIberty Land!!! Heck ya!! haha, not really worth the drive for me on any other day, but it was close for the retreat. Ok, well Dal and I will update again after Vegas to let ya know how it went! OH! and my b-day is this coming thursday, so yay!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dana, I am a friend of Dallan's from boston. Anyway, I just had to say that your cake is AMAZING! Oh, Dallan, I am heading to Utah for Thanksgiving and we need to get together with Tori and Katt, couples night!!

Nicole C.