Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I think we accidentally moved to the Arctic!

So as I'm sitting here this morning looking outside at the snow falling and blowing around and I see all of the over 12 ft high snow mounds everywhere, I feel like I minus well have moved to the Arctic! At least then I would have some really cool snow dogs and I'd feel like I was working for National Geographic, and maybe I would. But alas, here we are in Maine.
Dallan and I took a little trip over Christmas/ New Years and went to Washington and Florida, and on a cruise! Which was so so nice, not quite as good as our honeymoon, I don't really like Carnival that much, but it was nice just the same. We went to Freeport and Nassau which was very pretty. I hate places like the caribbean and the bahamas though because you always want to move there because its so pretty, but the surrounding areas are some of the most run down and ghetto places you will ever see. It's such a disappointment really because it detracts so much from the beautiful place that it is! Not than I'm trying to rip on the people there for being poor, I just think its weird that some of the most beautiful places in the world are some of the poorest, especially if there was no tourism.
I have never seen so many morbidly obese people in one place in my life. I would say that at least 85% of the cruise ship were just that. Needless to say as I'm sitting at the buffet looking around, I suddenly loose my appetite to eat so much food as I see others stuffing their faces with platefuls of food. That's probably mean, but it is a pet peeve of mine when I see horribly overweight people shoveling huge amounts of food into their mouths. There was a lot of good people watching though, I think that is one of our favorite pastimes!
We also made it out the Hogwarts! That is to say "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!" It was so cool, unfortunately so insanely crowded we waiting one hour to get into the park, and the 3.5 to get into the harry potter world, during which time we were in front of the most annoying group of older people ever! This one lady was acting like a drunken college girl laughing at EVERYTHING and thinking she was just so hilarious, and let me tell you she had the most annoying and loud laugh I have ever heard! I think that you probably could have heard her from the other side of the park.
 We did get to go with my sister Nicki, which was really fun! I haven't seen her in forever and sadly we only had that one day before she left to go back to UT.

So since being back I have started taking a class at Dallan's school and am teaching myself German and French. For some reason I always fall into a French accent when trying to have a German one. We are going to Utah in May at least, maybe I'll venture out somewhere in March too for spring break, preferably somewhere warm!

No comments: